These days in the business world, relationships are more important than ever. People don’t have much time now, so they only pay attention to information that is relevant to their business. People and companies only want to engage with other companies that share useful information that is relevant to them. If you engage people and inform them, you are building relationships and that’s important today. There are more than 2 million unique publishers actively using the LinkedIn Share button on their sites to that send content into the LinkedIn platform. That’s a lot of competition!
Here are 5 important things to know about LinkedIn search, according to LinkedIn:
1. When people search LinkedIn, the results are sorted by relevance, which takes into account the following:
• 1st level connections with profiles that are 100% complete (or close to it) and have the most in-common connections/ shared groups, ranked in descending order
• 1st level connections with the fewest in-common connections/ shared groups, ranked in descending order by profile completeness
• 2nd level connections ranked in descending order by profile completeness • 3rd level connections ranked in descending order by profile completeness
• Shared group members (outside of your network), ranked in descending order by profile completeness
• Everyone else (those outside your network), ranked in descending order by profile completeness
2. Keywords in your name, headline, company name, job title and skills rank higher in the search results than keywords in other sections.
3. Using all fields and options available to you—like joining 50 LinkedIn groups—boosts your ranking.
4. Use a variety of keywords and terms in describing what you do and offer to show up in a variety of search results.
5. View LinkedIn search trends to see how many times you’ve shown up in search results and how many people have viewed your profile over the past three months—and then adjust your profile as needed.
LinkedIn is a great social media platform, especially for B2B businesses. It’s a more serious platform…no pictures of people’s kids or lunch…it’s just used for marketing and connection purposes. Hope these 5 tips helped you. If they did, please share with others. If you have any questions, please contact JaxWorks at 832-889-9242 or Email us!